Thursday, May 05, 2005

A Start

mai's work id
Early morning (for me) meeting with HR. The HR Manager handed me an empty journal.

"You'll need it,"
she said. "For the self-assessment that we ask you to do of yourself and your accomplishments at your year-end review..."

So, hmm. Seems like they're encouraging of blogging (or at least of journaling).

On the job itself: Development Coordinator

Looking through the files and assessing where they are at, the job seems very do-able. My first self-appointed task is to start compiling a current corporate calendar for renewals, with questions to be answered and notes from the hard files built-in.

Previously, the AAM renewals came at key calendar dates and were sent out in bulk renewal. In a sense, they haven't been as focused on the expansion of the smaller corporate partners, something that was absolutely necessary to me as a stressed out fundraiser with an always too quickly approaching deadline.

Other thoughts:
  • The organization is very professional (which means a lot in the npo world)
  • My boss seems very cool to work with. How could I not like a guy, who says, "I really like Tony... And Maggie too..."
  • The Education Department looks like they're having the most fun
  • The Marketing Department is still one of the nicest groups of people I've ever worked with (even from the inside).
Looking forward to good challenging work, but *hopefully* at a very manageable pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home